Around the race.
There is a lovely track that goes around the property, with some native bush tracks. This is suitable for walking, riding or running, and has no jumps on it. Access to this, and the schooling area is for guests of the Hotel or Riding School only. Fee: $40 per person. This does not include use of the cross country obstacles.
Cross country Course
Bring your own instructor, a group of friends or go it alone. The course has 45 natural obstacles built on smooth undulating land with a sandy base. Ranging from logs on the ground to ditches and spread jumps, there is something for everyone from beginners to advanced. Many are around 80cms.
Fee: $60 per horse per 1 hour session which includes access to the race and flat schooling areas for warm up and cool down exercise before and after your session. Cool wash down and shady tie up area. Ample parking. Toilet and shower. Comfortable party room and deck to watch from. Outside picnic table and kids play area. Light Refreshments
- Tea and coffee, soft drinks and snacks available in the Party room or on the terrace. We are not licenced, BYO welcome.
- Food to order in advance.
- Ideal location for your pony club camp, or after school outing. Ample flat places for schooling, dressage and show jumping practice, plenty of small cross country jumps to get them going. Safe fenced races and woodland paths. Well away from the road. Security gates. All the mod cons of the Nerve Centre at your disposal. Please see the Human share the turf plan section.
- Our mini horses would be delighted to be ‘practiced’ on (free of charge) for stable managment instruction, grooming, leading etc. Instruction can be provided.
- Do you need someone to exercise your horse or pony? Ask as we do have a selection of good riders we can recommend.
- Behavioral problems ? Horse Pony Rider ? Do you need help? Specify…………
Non riding options
- Do you fancy a run around the race, push the baby in the pram, or just a walk with your dog?
- How about wandering next door to hire a 4 wheel quad bike?
- You could take an escorted ride through the forest and meet up with your horsy friend on the beach.
- Try Tree adventures, or take your bike to the Woodhill Mountain bike park next door.
- Rimmer road the 4 wheel drive and motor bike access to Muriwai beach is close.
- Take a picnic and make a day of it.
- Close to the major shopping and entertainment centres of the North Shore, Westgate and Auckland
Activity Form All riders will need to complete the activity form prior to commencing activities.