Wash & Brush Up Day Spar
Appointments start at 9am. Everyone needs to be collected or checked into the Hotel (special day rates apply) by 5pm
The Wash and Brush up Day Spar Services
We want you to have fun, enjoy your time with us and leave with a smile. We never forget that it is all abut YOU. Moments of relaxation and soothing personal attention are essential to keeping us in balance. Relax and unwind in your private treatment shelter where, we will endeavour to provide a unique salon experience that you will look forward to time and again. Each visit starts with a one on one consultation with your stylist who understands that your image must work for you everyday. Your Spar stylist will advise on current styles, product selection and discuss any issues your human might have.
- Wash and Brush up: Our signature treatment. After a luxurious shower with warm water, fragrant shampoo is encouraged to a creamy lather with massage gloves. A thorough forelock, mane and tail wash, followed by a warm wash off, comb through the forelock, mane and tail with conditioner, and once that has soaked in, a second warm rinse, and to finish, a strap with wet rubber and a snugly wrap up to finish drying. A gloss of hoof oil. [Time taken 1 hour] 38.00
- Old fashioned Grooming. Includes the practiced use of a gentle face brush, body brush and curry comb. The forelock, main and tail is carefully brushed out and sprayed with conditioner. The hooves picked out, cleaned, oiled inside and out with the World Best Hoof oil. The coat is given a finishing light polish with conditioner. [Time taken 1 hour] 40.00
- Main trim and tidy. As we do not believe in the ‘no pain, no gain’ philosophy, this is done painlessly with our special scissor and clipper technique 20.00
- Tail trim and tidy. This is done painlessly with our special scissor and clipper technique 10.00
- Leg clip or scissor trim, lovely hoof oiling included 10.00
- Facial: whisker removal, top eyelash trim as required, remove earie tufts, clip or snip bridle way. 10.00
SPECIAL! Brazilian – all the long hair dealt to – whiskers, eyebrows, ears, bridle way, legs, main and tail trim $50.00
- Clipping. Your horse needs to be ‘bathoclean’ and dry and not a mongrel to clip. If enough people want their horses done on the same day I can come up with a package deal. How about having a go around the cross country course first to get a sweat up, or a ride in the forest. You can then chill on the terrace, whilst your horse is in the Spar, or take a shower and change, go to work and collect them after.
Full batho, dry and the clip of your choice $150
The clip of your choice, DIY bathoclean $120
If you are nervous and like some sedation before being clipped please advise at the time of booking as a vet will be needed and further charges incurred.
Wellbeing servces – stiff and cronky? Our varied team of experts can offer you both mainstream and alternative therapies – tell us what ails you and we will try and fix you.
Massage and Manipulation
- Equissage massage horse or rider
- Alternative therapy session – what takes your fancy?
- Good scolding and/or talking to: horse / rider
- We carry a range of commonly available syringes, lotions, potions, and bandages.
- A first aid kit for horses and riders is available from the office.
- Vets are nearby.
- Tack clean. A thorough wash using warm water, dry off, apply oil, wash and polish bit and stirrups, clean girth. Time taken 1 hour $40.00
- Human gear clean – washand dry riding clothes, brush jacket and hat, polish boots, iron stock and shirt. Tame taken 2 hours $60.00
- Bale of special horse mixture hay grown on the property $10.00 a bale.
- Feed Specify needs and frequency
Manicure and Pedicure
A farrier is available by appointment only.
- Hot shoe
- Barefoot trimming
Teeth giving you trouble?
An experienced dentist available by appointment.
There are several very good experienced horse vets in the area.
Dying to do something you are never allowed to do at home? Tie up to a lovely cedar bark bar. Shred, rip, chew and scratch as much as your horsy heart desires. Ask your stylist, she might let you do that for free if you have been good.
When your Spar experience comes to an end you will be tied up to a shady hitching rail to await your human, or if you are checked into the Nags Head Horse Hotel, you will be escorted to your for accomodation.